Visa Purchase Alerts
The more control you have over your finances, the more secure your money stays. We’d like to introduce you to a whole new functionality for your Finger Lakes FCU debit and credit cards. It has the power to keep you “in the know” about all the purchase activity on your cards. The best part? You are in complete control of which messages you receive and how your receive them.
You are in control because your Credit Union card is now optimized for Visa Purchase Alerts. This is a free, opt-in only service for our members. When you opt-in for Visa Purchase Alerts, you can choose to receive either email, SMS text message alerts, or both.
Members can sign up for Visa Purchase alerts on Visa.com. Then, cardholders can establish certain alert triggers. Anytime a qualified transaction takes place that meets the cardholders’ parameters, he or she will receive an alert in the form of an email, SMS text message, or both in a matter of minutes. Triggers include:
- Individual transaction amount thresholds
- International transactions
- Card-absent transactions, such as telephone or online order
Through Visa Purchase Alerts, cardholders have the ability to:
- Closely monitor their Visa credit, debit or prepaid accounts
- Check for unusual transaction activity and/or track spending levels immediately
- Take action at the first sign of potential fraud
Don’t wait! Keep your finances safe this holiday shopping season. You can enroll in Visa Purchase Alerts by setting up a secure account on the Visa website.